PHOTOVOLTAIC CURTAIN WALL
Onyx Solar has completed a photovoltaic project at the Sierra E-Facility company headquarters in Coimbatore, India
Amorphous Silicon Photovoltaic glass has been produced for the creation of a Photovoltaic Curtain Wall, located on the main facade of the building.
- Total Area - 49 M2
- Electricity generated in 35 years - 42.878 kWh
- Total lighting points operating 4 hours per day in 35 years - 84 lighting points
- CO2 emissions avoided in 35 years - 29 Tons of CO2
- Barrels of oil saved in 35 years - 25 barrels per m2
Example of a feasibility study of amorphous silicon photovoltaic curtain wall in Coimbatore:
- Payback time < 16 years
- Internal rate of return (IRR) 5 %
FIND HERE ALL OUR FEASIBILITY STUDIES
* Onyx Solar Energy S.L. makes no representations, warranties or guarantees, whether express or implied, that the content in the report is accurate, complete or up to date.
The facade of the building It combines transparent photovoltaic glass manufactured by Onyx Solar with conventional glass, achieving an aesthetic and functional result.
The Photovoltaic curtain wall has a total area of 54 m2 and laminated safety glass has been used with the standard size (1245 x 1849 mm) and with medium transparency.
Sierra e-Facility offers a peek into how the buildings of the future should be. It will be operating at Net Zero Energy and is fully
Carbon Neutral in overall operations. It also uses environmentally friendly building materials and high-performance glass, such as
Onyx Solar’s PV glass, which not only is aesthetically pleasing but also generates free and clean electricity from the sun,
improves the building’s energy efficiency and harmful filters radiation and it doesn’t obstruct the view.
The “Sierra e-Facility” building. It scored 103 points out of 110 points in the LEED-NC rating system.