photovoltaic MOBILIAR - SOLAR UMBRELLA
Onyx Solar has provided Photovoltaic Glass to create a photovoltaic solar umbrella at Coco Palms Condo located in Pasir Ris Grove, Singapore.
- Total Area - 11,8 M2
- Electricity generated in 35 years - 26,900 KWh
- Total lighting points operating 4 hours per day in 35 years - 53 lighting points
- CO2 emmisions avoided in 35 years - 13 Tons of CO2
- Barrels of oil saved in 35 years - 16 barrels per m2
Example of a feasibility study of amorphous silicon photovoltaic canopy in Singapore:
- Payback time < 5.2 years
- Internal rate of return (IRR) 20.2 %
* Onyx Solar Energy S.L. makes no representations, warranties or guarantees, whether express or implied, that the content in the report is accurate, complete or up to date.
The installation is composed of 13 dark Amorphous Silicon Photovoltaic Glass modules, perfectly integrated into the upper part of the palm tree-shaped structures. It generates free and clean electricity to power the solar umbrella LED bollard outdoor lighting.
· 6 PV glass units, measuring 1,245x1,242 mm and a glass configuration of 4+3+4 mm, for the widest top palm tree sculptures.
· 7 PV glass units, measuring 600x600 mm and a glass configuration of 3+4 mm, for the narrowest top palm tree sculptures.
Those solar umbrellas belong to the Sun Play Garden, a common area at Coco Palms Condo. Coco Palms Condo is an exclusive residential development on Pasir Ris Grove that consists of a central landscape and 4 distinctive garden spaces defined by the 12 residential blocks. The apartment blocks are a vision of modernity, where symmetry, precision and pure geometry are the order of the day. The emphasis is on clean, sleek and modern architectural forms balanced with wide-open spaces and natural landscaping.
Client: Hong Realty
Architect: Axis Architects Planners
Landscape Architect: Tinderbox Landscape Studio
Onyx Solar’s Local Distributor: iGLASS ASIA PACIFIC
Civil & Structural Engineer: Parsons Brinckerhoff
Mechanical & Electrical Engineer: Meinhardt (Singapore)