PHOTOVOLTAIC CANOPY - COLOURED CANOPY
PHOTOVOLTAIC CANOPY - coloured canopy
Onyx Solar has supplied its crystalline silicon photovoltaic glass that has been installed as a photovoltaic canopy system in a private house in Norwich, in the United Kingdom.
- Total Area - 18.5 M2
- Electricity generated in 35 years - 52,990 KWh
- Total lighting points operating 4 hours per day in 35 years - 104 lighting points
- CO2 emmisions avoided in 35 years - 15 Tons of CO2
- Barrels of oil saved in 35 years - 31 barrels
Example of a feasibility study of crystalline silicon photovoltaic canopy in London:
- Payback time < 6.2 years
- Internal rate of return (IRR) 17.1 %
FIND HERE ALL OUR FEASIBILITY STUDIES
* Onyx Solar Energy S.L. makes no representations, warranties or guarantees, whether express or implied, that the content in the report is accurate, complete or up to date.
This canopy is made up of 3 different sizes of trapezoidal mono-crystalline glasses with a coloured PVB layer inside that bring a colourful appearance. It has been provided 9 trapezoidal coloured glass units of 1,400x1,847 mm and 4 trapezoidal blue glass units of 2,554x1,457 mm (installed in the corners of the structure).
Each PV glass units also incorporates a 12 mm air chamber that improves the thermal comfort of the users while generating clean and free energy that will reduce the energy bill of the house.
Each glass was designed and manufactured totally customized for the client that brings an astonishing appearance to the canopy with a layout that combines different colours in a photovoltaic mosaic that brings a really colourful shade and shelter to its users.
“I am very grateful for successfully bringing this project to a conclusion. It is indeed one of a kind and very unique. Once again my thanks and appreciation to the entire team involved in the project."
Andrew Scott, owner
Client: Private owner
Consulting Civil / Structural Engineers: Adam Power Associates