PHOTOVOLTAIC CURTAIN WALL - CONVENTO CITY PARK
CONVENTO CITY PARK
PHOTOVOLTAIC CURTAIN WALL
Onyx Solar has completed a photovoltaic project in Convento City Park, located in the most active distribution submarket in Mexico City.
The park consists of seven buildings and over 1.6 million square feet of logistics and distribution space.
Amorphous Silicon Photovoltaic glass has been produced for the creation of a Photovoltaic Curtain Wall, located on the main facade of the building.
- Total Area - 1.456 M2
- Electricity generated in 35 years - 2.051.914 kWh
- Total lighting points operating 4 hours per day in 35 years - 3.943 lighting points
- CO2 emissions avoided in 35 years - 1.375 Tons of CO2
- Barrels of oil saved in 35 years - 1.207 barrels per m2
Example of a feasibility study of amorphous silicon photovoltaic curtain wall in Mexico City:
- Payback time < 4 years
- Internal rate of return (IRR) 17,7 %
FIND HERE ALL OUR FEASIBILITY STUDIES
* Onyx Solar Energy S.L. makes no representations, warranties or guarantees, whether express or implied, that the content in the report is accurate, complete or up to date.
The Photovoltaic curtain wall has a total area of 1.456 m2 and laminated safety glass has been used with medium transparency.
The park is owned by Hines, a privately owned global real estate investment firm. It has a presence in 25 countries and provides trust investment management services for $ 75.5 billion.
Onyx Solar’s PV glass, which not only is aesthetically pleasing but also generates free and clean electricity from the sun, improves the building’s energy efficiency and harmful filters radiation and it doesn’t obstruct the view.