PHOTOVOLTAIC FAÇADE - GENESAL ENERGY
GENESAL ENERGY HEADQUARTERS
Onyx Solar has supplied its Building Integrated Photovoltaic (BIPV) solutions to install a photovoltaic façade at the corporate office of Genesal Energy in Bergondo, A Coruña, which is situated in the northern region of Spain.
- Total Area - 111 M2
- Electricity generated in 35 years - 466,822 kWh
- Total lighting points operating 4 hours per day in 35 years - 818 lighting points
- CO2 emissions Avoided in 35 years - 245 Tons of CO2
- Barrels of oil saved in 35 years - 661 barrels
Example of a feasibility study of crystalline silicon photovoltaic façade in Bergondo
- Payback time < 4.4 years
- Internal rate of return (IRR) 23.7 %
* Onyx Solar Energy S.L. makes no representations, warranties or guarantees, whether express or implied, that the content in the report is accurate, complete or up to date.
The integration of photovoltaic technology includes 111 m2 of top notch crystalline silicon photovoltaic glass. The project comprises 93 units, which are available in 7 various sizes and have a glass configuration of 4+4.
The client's specific requirements were met by customizing all the PV glasses with a black rear frit. This not only adds functionality but also enhances the visual appeal.
In collaboration with Onyx Solar, General Energy will be able to enjoy the first photovoltaic façade in Galicia, a groundbreaking achievement that seamlessly blends innovation and sustainability. This remarkable technology not only captivates with its stunning design but also brings forth a multitude of environmental benefits.
“This façade generates the equivalent of the energy consumed by an eight-story building for 16 hours a day over a period of 30 years. It also increases energy efficiency by 30%.".
Julio Arca, CEO of Genesal Energy
Genesal Energy is a prominent company in manufacturing high-quality generators tailored to meet all needs, providing fully customized design and service.
Client: Genesal Energy
Constructor: Avanza Soluciones y Sistemas