PEDIATRIC CANCER CENTER

PHOTOVOLTAIC FAÇADE – PEDIATRIC CANCER CENTER

PEDIATRIC CANCER CENTER

PHOTOVOLTAIC FAÇADE

 

Onyx Solar has supplied its Amorphous Silicon Photovoltaic Glass that has been installed as a photovoltaic façade system in the new Pediatric Cancer Center of the San Joan de Deu Hospital, located in the city of Barcelona, Spain.

 

 

eastern bank photovoltaic façade onyx solar 

 

Data:

  • superficie Total Area - 193 M2
  • electricidad generada Electricity generated in 35 years  - 56,677 kWh
  • puntos de luz Total lighting points operating 4 hours per day in 35 years - 111 lighting points
  • emisiones CO2 evitadas  CO2 emmisions Avoided in 35 years - 14 Tons of CO2
  • barriles petroleo ahorrados Barrels of oil saved in 35 years - 33 barrels

 

Example of a feasibility study of amorphous silicon photovoltaic façade in Barcelona:

 

  • superficie  Payback time  < 5.6 years
  • electricidad generada  Internal rate of return (IRR)  18.9 %

 

FIND HERE ALL OUR FEASIBILITY STUDIES

 

* Onyx Solar Energy S.L. makes no representations, warranties or guarantees, whether express or implied, that the content in the report is accurate, complete or up to date.

 

 

The Pediatric Cancer Center is a new center devoted to the treatment and investigation of different kinds of children's cancers which is able to take care of more than 400 patients per year with a highly specialized team and new generation equipment. 

 

 

photovoltaic façade pediatric cancer center 3  

The installation has 193 m2 and it’s composed of 94 medium transparency amorphous silicon glass with 4 different colors and multiple dimensions and configurations of 4+3+4 mm and 6+6 mm in both active & inactive glasses to provide shade and an aesthetic appearance to the building and to meet perfectly the needs of the architecture and the client. 

 

 

The Pediatric Cancer Center is the first of its kind in Spain and the 2nd in Europe and was inaugurated by the football star Leo Messi in June 2022. It integrates 14,000 m2 divided in 5 floors that has 37 rooms for the patients and their families, 8 chambers for transplants, 26 Boxes in the Day Hospital and 21 external consults; and it’s connected to the main building of the Hospital by an elevated walkway.

 

 

photovoltaic façade pediatric cancer center 4

 

 

The total investment to build the center was 37 million €, which were provided by donations coming from different benefactors including Leo Messi Foundation, Barça Foundation, Maria Àngels Recolons Morer, Stavros Niarchos Foundation, La Caixa Foundation, Esteve, Andbank, Atrys, Nou Mil lenni Foundation, Anita Charity Association, Joan Ribas Araquistain Foundation, Rosalia Gispert Barral, Invest for Children, Roman Rosell Dolset and patient families and associations.

 

The new center dedicates the 70% of its space to take care to its patients and their families and the other 30 % to investigate in new therapies and treatments against different children’s cancers such as leukemia, lymphoma, central nervous system tumors, sarcoma (bones or soft tissues cancers), neuroblastoma and renal, among other. At Onyx Solar we hope our glass will make the children stay in hospital as comfortable as possible and wish them an early recovery.

 

 

photovoltaic façade pediatric cancer center 5

 

 

Pediatric Cancer Center counts with the PCCB Charity Fund, an international cooperation program for children without resources who suffer from cancer and live in countries where it is impossible to access the treatment they need. 

 

 

photovoltaic façade pediatric cancer center 6

 

 

 

RAFAEL-VINOLY“I really wanted to visit the Sant Joan Deu Pediatric Cancer Center, the truth is that it was very exciting to see how everything turned out this afternoon, now that the works are finished. I wanted to congratulate everyone who worked on this project".

 

Leo Messi, dedicating a goal to raise funds to built the center (5th April 2017)

 

Team:

Owner: Pediatric Cancer Center, San Joan de Deu Hospital

Architects: Pine Arq

General Contractor: UTE COMSA-Villareyes

Architectural envelope: García Faura

 

 

© Copyright Onyx Solar Group LLC.; ONYX is a Trademark of Onyx Solar Group LLC. All Rights reserved -  | Legal Advice & Cookies