PHOTOVOLTAIC CURTAIN WALL – PEPPER SAVINGS BANK
PEPPER SAVINGS BANK
PHOTOVOLTAIC curtain wall
Onyx Solar has supplied its Crystalline Silicon Photovoltaic Glass that has been installed as a Photovoltaic Curtain Wall in the Pepper Zone Building, located in the city of Seongnam-si, in the northern province of Gyeonggi-do (South Korea).
- Total Area - 486 M2
- Electricity generated in 35 years - 2,234,032 kWh
- Total lighting points operating 4 hours per day in 35 years - 4,389 lighting points
- CO2 emissions Avoided in 35 years - 1,218 Tons of CO2
- Barrels of oil saved in 35 years - 1,315 barrels
Example of a feasibility study of amorphous silicon photovoltaic curtain wall in Seoul:
- Payback time < 10.9 years
- Internal rate of return (IRR) 9.5 %
FIND HERE ALL OUR FEASIBILITY STUDIES
* Onyx Solar Energy S.L. makes no representations, warranties or guarantees, whether express or implied, that the content in the report is accurate, complete or up to date.
It is a rehabilitation project, where the previous and unactive glass has been replaced by Onyx Solar's PV glass to generate free and clean energy thanks to the sun, and generating substantial savings on the electricity bill.
The installation has 486 m2 and it is composed of 256 units of Crystalline Silicon Photovoltaic Glass with different measures. Each glass module is composed by 60 mono-crystalline solar cells and has a glass configuration of 6T + 6T mm.
It also features a black rear frit that provides a completely opaque appearance, reducing light transmission to 0.
Pepper Zone Building is a new office of Pepper Saving Bank, one of the top 5 mutual savings banks in Korea which is part of the Pepper Group, a global financial group with assets under management of approximately $72 billion through businesses such as Lending, Advisory, and Asset Servicing.
The Pepper Zone Building was completely refurbished and inaugurated last February 4th 2022 by the Pepper Saving Bank CEO Matthew Chang in a ceremony together with the representatives of executives and employees.
Once the installation of the Onyx Solar photovoltaic glass was completed, the client added an outer layer of transparent blue glass in front to homogenize the external appearance of the façade.
Owner: Pepper Saving Bank - South Korea
Photovoltaic installer: Vastek Group
Onyx Solar's Local Representative: Vastek Group