Photovoltaic Floor - Residential Hong Kong
Photovoltaic floor residential hong kong
Onyx Solar has manufactured Photovoltaic floor tiles for the roof of a residential neighborhood located in Hong Kong.
The installation is exactly located on the top of the building called Avignon Tower 6. It has 11 m2 using low transparency Amorphous Silicon Glass with a non-slip coating. In total, 30 units of pavers of a standard measure of 600x600 mm with a configuration of 6+3+6mm.
- Total Area - 10.8 M2
- Electricity generated in 35 years - 12.085 kWh
- Total lighting points operating 4 hours per day in 35 years - 24 lighting points
- CO2 emmisions avoided in 35 years - 8 Tons of CO2
- Barrels of oil saved in 35 years - 7 barrels per m2
Example of a feasibility study of amorphous silicon photovoltaic canopy in Hong Kong:
- Payback time < 1.6 years
- Internal rate of return (IRR) 45,5 %
* Onyx Solar Energy S.L. makes no representations, warranties or guarantees, whether express or implied, that the content in the report is accurate, complete or up to date.
The Photovoltaic instalation let the owner generate free and clean electricity, while still letting people enjoy the space and walk on top of them, safely. They comply with the highest and most stringent quality standards while they withstand up to 400 kg (point load).