PHOTOVOLTAIC SKYLIGHT – CABRILS SPORT CENTER
cabrils sport center
Onyx Solar has provided Photovoltaic Glass integrated as a photovoltaic skylight for the refurbishment of the sport center roof of Cabrils, a municipality next to Barcelona, Spain.
- Total Area - 272 M2
- Electricity generated in 35 years - 1,579,071 kWh
- Total lighting points operating 4 hours per day in 35 years - 3,103 lighting points
- CO2 emmisions Avoided in 35 years - 388 Tons of CO2
- Barrels of oil saved in 35 years - 919 barrels
Example of a feasibility study of crystalline silicon photovoltaic skylight in Barcelona:
- Payback time < 2.6 years
- Internal rate of return (IRR) 39.5 %
FIND HERE ALL OUR FEASIBILITY STUDIES
* Onyx Solar Energy S.L. makes no representations, warranties or guarantees, whether express or implied, that the content in the report is accurate, complete or up to date.
The installation has exactly 272 m2, and it is composed of 160 monocrystalline silicon photovoltaic glass. With a glass configuration of 4T+4T mm, each glass unit has 60 monocrystalline solar cells of 6” and a 19 % transparency degree.
This municipal sport center will soon be a basketball court, among other uses of the citizens. The building's roof is designed in such a way as to optimize energy performance (both orientation and inclination). Besides providing thermal isolation and allowing the entry of natural light, those PV glasses will generate 54,000 kWh of free and clean energy every year, enough to power up more than 3,000 lights points daily. It will help meet the energy needs of the complex.
Property owner: Cabrils City Council
General Contractor: Grupo Cobra
Consultant: Ataga Enginyeria
Architect: Coll | Fulcarà Arquitectes