PHOTOVOLTAIC CANOPY - PRIVATE RESIDENCE IN THE ALPS
PRIVATE RESIDENCE IN THE ALPS
At Onyx Solar, the world leader in BIPV, we are proud to have provided our innovative technology for a private residence in Montreux, a picturesque city located on the shores of Lake Geneva in Switzerland. Known for its mild climate, scenic views of the Alps, and prestigious jazz festival, Montreux attracts visitors from all over the world.
- Total Area - 24 M2
- Electricity generated in 35 years - 24,286 kWh
- Total lighting points operating 4 hours per day in 35 years - 48 lighting points
- CO2 emissions Avoided in 35 years - 0.7 Tons of CO2
- Barrels of oil saved in 35 years - 14 barrels
Example of a feasibility study of amorphous silicon photovoltaic canopy in Montreux:
- Payback time < 6.6 years
- Internal rate of return (IRR) 15.5 %
* Onyx Solar Energy S.L. makes no representations, warranties or guarantees, whether express or implied, that the content in the report is accurate, complete or up to date.
The glass configuration used in this project includes a 16 mm double argon-filled chamber, which enhances the insulation properties of the glass and improves its energy efficiency. The double chamber configuration creates a barrier between the two glass panes, which helps to reduce heat transfer and improve thermal insulation. Argon gas is used to fill the space between the glass panes because it is an excellent insulator, which helps to prevent heat loss and gain.
The PV glass is also designed to have high transparency, allowing natural light to enter the chalet and reducing the need for artificial lighting during the day. This enhances the clarity of the glass creates a bright and comfortable living space.
Client: private owner
Architect: Truan Architecture Sàrl
Mechanical & Electrical installer: LidER-Concept Sàrl