PHOTOVOLTAIC PARAPETS - RESIDENTIAL BUILDING IN MESTRE
RESIDENCIAL BUILDING IN MESTRE
Onyx Solar has supplied its BIPV solutions to a 4-story residential building located in Mestre. Mestre is a beautiful city in northeastern Italy and located near the historic city of Venice, a truly unique city world-renowned for its beauty and canals.
- Total Area - 228 M2
- Electricity generated in 35 years - 692,693 kWh
- Total lighting points operating 4 hours per day in 35 years - 1,359 lighting points
- CO2 emissions Avoided in 35 years - 464 Tons of CO2
- Barrels of oil saved in 35 years - 407 barrels
Example of a feasibility study of crystalline silicon photovoltaic balaustrade in Mestre:
- Payback time < 6 years
- Internal rate of return (IRR) 19.77 %
* Onyx Solar Energy S.L. makes no representations, warranties or guarantees, whether express or implied, that the content in the report is accurate, complete or up to date.
The project has focused on the comprehensive renovation of the energy efficiency and aesthetic elements of this residential building. For that reason, we have supplied 217 monocrystalline silicon photovoltaic glasses installed as a photovoltaic parapets with 3 different measures and a glass configuration of 4T+4T. The transparency degree of our PV glass is 43 %.
This residential building is located in via Atorre Baglioni 49,51, Mestre. The incorporation of Onyx Solar's photovoltaic glass and other complementary measures has led to a significant improvement in both the energy efficiency and aesthetic appeal of the building. Thanks to these innovations, the building has gained in functionality, comfort, and sustainability, resulting in a considerable increase in its value. This is great news for the property owners and for the surrounding area, which benefits from the reduction in CO2 emissions and the use of renewable energy sources.
This project has been supported locally by R2M Solution, Onyx Solar’s local partner for Italy & France.
Mechanical & Electrical installer: Geodem Ambiente S.R.L.
Onyx Solar’s Local Representative: R2M Solution