Onyx Solar has produced a photovoltaic glass façade composed of photovoltaic glass in the attic of the façade of the Freedom building along the famous Admiral Bruix Avenue, in Paris, France.
The 313 m2 Photovoltaic installation is located in the galleries of the double-height attic. These transparent photovoltaic galleries are a hybrid space between interior and exterior with excellent views.
- Total Area - 113 M2
- Electricity generated in 35 years - 59.640 kWh
- Total lighting points operating 4 hours per day in 35 years - 117 lighting points
- CO2 emmisions avoided in 35 years - 40 Tons of CO2
- Barrels of oil saved in 35 years - 35 barrels per m2
Example of a feasibility study of amorphous silicon photovoltaic façade in Paris:
- Payback time < 10.7 years
- Internal rate of return (IRR) 9.2 %
FIND HERE ALL OUR FEASIBILITY STUDIES
* Onyx Solar Energy S.L. makes no representations, warranties or guarantees, whether express or implied, that the content in the report is accurate, complete or up to date.
The photovoltaic glass installed is Amorphous Silicon technology, with medium transparency and will prevent the emission of 40 tons of CO2 into the atmosphere.
The "FREEDOM" building is designed by the PCA architecture studio and includes 17,500m² distributed in a garden level, a ground floor, and 9 levels in the superstructure.
The project aims to deeply restructure this building from the 1950s and 1960s to bring it back to current standards and adapt it to office uses.
The photovoltaic installation makes it possible for the restoration to be sustainable and FREEDOM to become an efficient office building in terms of energy.
This building is the new headquarters of the insurance company AXA. Photovoltaic glass integrates perfectly with the architectural design, providing it with optimal electrical efficiency and sustainability.
Owner: SCI Amiral Bruix - AXA Real Estate
Delegate Project Manager: Vinci Immobilier Promotion
Structural engineering: Egis
Main Contractor: Leongrosse