Development of advanced manufacturing equipment and processes aimed at the seamless integration of multifunctional PV solutions, enabling the deployment of IPV sectors.
Programme: Horizon Europe. European Commission.
The SEAMLESS-PV project is an ambitious initiative which involves 18 EU partners, including ONYX. The growing interest in BIPV technology has allowed it to be extended to other market sectors by implementing new IPV solutions in infrastructures, transport or agriculture. This project will demonstrate this new adaptability of the technology and allow to extend the customization and flexibility in the designs, currently very limited due to the existing equipment in the market.
- The development of advanced flexible automated PV equipment manufacturing based on high efficiency c-Si technologies.
- The upscale of new manufacturing processes to adapt them to innovative properties as well as to reduce production costs, which improves the competitiveness of the PV products in the market.
- New approaches to colored glasses, colored foils and foil printing technology for non-homogeneous patterns will be developed.
- The Development of a set of IPV products that demonstrating high efficiency, cost competitiveness and compliance with market requirements and expectations.
- Nine demonstrations will be carried out in real environments where PV modules will be integrated: 5 demonstrations in BIPV, one in acoustic barriers in a highway, one in vehicles (VIPV) and two in the agricultural sector in agricultural fields and greenhouses (AGRIPV).
- Sustainable photovoltaic composites related to the recycling process will be developed.
Status: ongoing project.
This project has received research funding from the European Union's Horizon Europe Research and Innovation Program and the Innovation Program under grant agreement No. 101096126.