Pathway towards Climate-Neutrality through low risky and fully replicable Positive Clean Energy Districts.
Programme: HORIZON EUROPE. European Commission.
NEUTRALPATH has as an objective demonstrate that the deployment of Positive and Clean Energy Districts (PCED) designed through participative processes focused on the citizen is profitable and that contributes significantly to the transformation of cities towards climate-neutrality in the time horizon 2030, achieving to accelerate this process reaching reduction of emissions of scope 2.
The cities of Dresden (Germany) and Zaragoza (Spain), with wide experience in urban transformation processes and committed to reach climate-neutrality in 2030, will implement two positive energy districts acting as Lighthouse Cities. Both cities will be pioneers in this process, creating an Urban laboratory of Climate-Neutrality (CN-Lab) designed as innovation hub to catalyse the co-creation processes through the participation of all the relevant agents. The cities of Istanbul (Turkey), Ghent (Belgium) and Vantaa (Finland), in its role of Partner Cities, will also implement their own Urban Laboratories and work together with Lighthouse Cities to ensure the replicability of the actions implemented in the five cities and in other European cities.
With the objective of favoring the replicability and to maximize the impact of the project, NEUTRALPATH will establish a collaboration framework with other initiatives and European projects working on the field of climate-neutrality, with a remarkable role of the European Cities Mission, the Lighthouse projects, the Marketplace of Smart Cities or the Majors Alliance.
• To implement 5 urban labs of climate-neutrality in the lighthouse cities and partner cities.
• Define innovative strategies of governance that allows the improvement of administrative, financial and political processes to reach climate-neutrality in 2030.
• Design and demonstrate technic, economic and socially the deployment of the two positive energy districts combining measures of reduction of the demand, massive deployment of renewable energies and electric mobility actions.
• Define the metrics to evaluate the energy balance and positive energy districts emissions.
• Evaluate the contribution of positive energy districts to the urban transformation at long term through promoting transferability, scalability and replicability.
Onyx Solar participates in NEUTRALPATH as member of Zaragoza's lighthouse ecosystem and it will further develop and adapt its solutions on demo sites.
Currently, ongoing project.