THE ENGLISH CENTER SCHOOL CADIZ
PHOTOVOLTAIC CURTAIN WALL
The Photovoltaic Curtain wall is made up of 262 laminated safety glass modules with the standard size 1245 x 635 mm and IGU configuration.
- Total Area - 207 M2
- Electricity generated in 35 years - 385.174 kWh
- Total lighting points operating 4 hours per day in 35 years - 757 lighting points
- CO2 emissions avoided in 35 years - 258 Tons of CO2
- Barrels of oil saved in 35 years - 227 barrels per m2
Example of a feasibility study of amorphous silicon photovoltaic curtain wall in Cadiz:
- Payback time < 5.7 years
- Internal rate of return (IRR) 18.7 %
* Onyx Solar Energy S.L. makes no representations, warranties or guarantees, whether express or implied, that the content in the report is accurate, complete or up to date.
This medium transparency photovoltaic curtain wall allows natural light to pass inside while generating clean and free energy for the building.
The photovoltaic installation has been carried out along with the renovation of all the school's facilities called "Looking to the Future".
The new facilities include large spaces for education with new classrooms, the incorporation of modern common service areas.
The photovoltaic curtain wall located in the Picadilly building will be the link between all the buildings, improving the flow of people at the entrances and exits.
This photovoltaic curtain wall has become the most important piece of "The Looking to the Future" project that seeks to turn this building into a sustainable and energy efficient school.